Especially for Medical Markets: Our Remarkable Touch&Care Computers
After supplying medical systems to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for many years, Micro Industries introduced our specially designed medical computers under the brand name Touch&Care®. These computers incorporate the innovative technologies that provide dramatic reliability in all our products. Touch&Care touchscreen computers can run for years, 24/7, protecting sensitive patient information and delivering high performance to patients and staff.
Our medical computers offer a fundamental advantage—heat-sink technology that relies on passive cooling. This patented technology supports even the most powerful Intel® mobile processors. Passively cooling a processor eliminates the need for a processor fan, a major source of system failures. Using local temperature sensing, the system automatically adjusts processor speed to maintain a constant operating temperature. And with no forced-air cooling, our Touch&Care Paige touchscreen also minimizes airborne contaminants.
Passive cooling in our Touch&Care Messenger units relies on air circulation from highly reliable, temperature-controlled blowers. This minimizes the noise generated by other systems with large LCD screens. Equipping Touch&Care computers with Intel solid-state drives (SSD’s) also eliminates the system hard drive, a frequent source of mechanical failures.
Power supplies are also sources of failures in standard PCs. Touch&Care computers use single-voltage, industrial-grade power supplies that significantly reduce such failures—especially in systems that must operate around the clock. (PC power supplies typically are designed to operate for only about 10,000 hours, or less than 2 years of continuous use.) Our Touch&Care computers incorporate motherboards that we have designed around Intel Embedded architecture. These Micro Industries designs provide long-term availability coupled with backward compatibility.
Consider these many advantages of a Touch&Care Paige17 over a standard computer with a touchscreen:
- Touch&Care Paige17 is rated to UL 60601-1 — most standard computers are not
- Screen and case can be sterilized with peroxide — plastic touchscreens can’t
- Systems can be wiped — unlike standard computers lacking UL 60601-1ratings
- Paige17 is ruggedized for hard use
- Brighter screen than most standard computer screens
- Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) rather than projective touch-screen technology
- Stable design with the Intel Embedded roadmap — providing hardware and visual continuity throughout a hospital.
- Upgrading motherboards without discarding whole systems — a green approach
- Fanless operation — helps protect patients from infectious diseases
- Long-term reliability — lifecycle of 5-7 years
If you need tough, clean, reliable computers in a medical environment, check out our many Micro Industries Touch&Care units. And remember our Touch&Go computers when creating interactive digital signage and retail kiosks.